4:42 PM

Officially homesick.

Every time I'm not doing something -- which is most of the time -- I end up thinking of what I would be doing if I were home. Its a very dangerous line of thought, especially since I counted 14 more weeks before this bloody project is over and i can go home. Sigh. Funny since I was the number one enthusiast when it came to overseas assignments. I kept saying it didnt matter how long and where, as long as its not in Manila, then it SHOULD be fun.

Dont get me wrong, I am having fun. I think I'm just OD'ing on Footy, Cricket, DIYs and reality shows from the Aussie Telly. Maybe if I were in the city and not in some suburb 45 minutes away from everything then things would be just fine. But then again, it did take me 7 months before I started being homesick.

Some of the things I miss:
1. "my kids"
2. Friday night movies and dinner for under PHP 500 per person
3. core
4. heading home late and not really knowing why
5. billiards in the Manila office
6. my favorite gimik places -- 70s, Sanctum,Cafe Karabana
7. weekday gimiks (work tomorrow? so what?)
8. the once-in-a-blue-moon Sunday afternoon Futbol games in Ateneo

*Sigh* work isnt even hectic enough to keep me pre occupied. I guess when you start wishing you were busier at work, then it can't be good.

Comments (0)