10:54 PM

In Da Club

Since you brought up nightlife, I finally got the chance to go clubbing in Melbourne. We've been to bars, but we've never been to a "club". Our friends here, Christie who's an ex-Melbourne SPLer and her friends, took us out that night. The place was The Next Blue and the day was Saturday, Asian R&B night. Good music, lotsa beautiful people, lots of alcohol (a bit pricey, but as long as I get at least one free drink I'm fine..hehe) but not enough Core.

Guess I'm really just used to night outs with you guys, and I was needing dance partners willing to stay on the dance floor, high-heeled shoes permitting. Still, its something I wouldn't mind doing again. Especially if there'll be another funny/weird/whacked bit I can share...

Here's the funny/weird/whacked bit: I went up to the bar to get another drink (yes, I had more than one, yay for me!) when the guy beside me asked me if I could chat with him for a while. I didn't say anything, I just looked at him and waited for what else he had to say. He went on to tell me that he's been in prison for 5 years for robbery. He was wondering how it feels to be free, to be able to walk the streets knowing that you've never been in the big house.....all the while he had this faraway,teary-eyed,pained look on him..........

I'm serious! It did happen! I tell you, I laughed incredulously, raised an eyebrow and told him outright that he's got to be kidding. Then his friend told me something (which I didnt understand, but interpreted to be something like, "ignore him he's drunk"). So I just told him that he's a free man now, and that I'll leave him to enjoy his new found freedom.

Talk about the weird things alcohol can do to someone.

Comments (0)