11:00 AM

The Search is Over…

Alas, finally moved in to my own “aparto” in under two weeks. I do wish I could’ve gone hunting a little while longer but immigration law says that I have to have a permanent address within 90 days and the company just didn’t want to risk me being deported.

Like anything in Tokyo, my place is a 20ish sqm!!! studio unit that is equivalent in price to a 2-3 bedroom unit in Manila. Of course, I am not complaining because I’m happy enough not to be living on the streets. I now am a legal alien residing in “Takadanobaba” which is like Boston because it’s Tokyo’s University Town. I will eventually post some pictures…just waiting for my snazzy sofa bed to arrive =).

Speaking of pictures, I’m thinking of pasting black and white pictures on my bare walls. Around 4 pixes: Barkada pix, Family pix, Philippine pix, ? scenery pix. Socs, any suggestions for the 4th one (btw, I download QE episodes via Kazaa because I need to friggin’ watch something in ENGLISH!)? I also need a Philippine skyline, street or beach scene which I can just edit in photoshop and digiprint.

And speaking of more pictures, did I mention that big boss takes breathtaking-skin-pin-pricking pictures? The most amazing thing is that he only has his left arm. He lost his right arm in an accident when he was 3yrs old. He then lived in the US for 30 years and traveled all over with his trusty Minolta. He has also provided pictures for NTT DOCOMO’s, one of the biggest telco company in Japan, annual calendar giveaways. I guess I’ll borrow one of his slides to scan. Maybe I can get a free photo lesson as well…

Comments (0)