10:43 AM

More Tokyo Tidbits



04/04/04 10:24 pm

Tidbit#4
Japanese people need a seal to conduct official business. They don’t sign with a pen, they stamp their own “jazzed up” registered seal.

Tidbit#5.1
Local prime time television consists mostly of shows with a big group of people discussing or featuring a certain event, object or person…it’s mostly comical. For example, my new favorite show features a series of single people finding their perfect mate. The series usually ends with the person traveling somewhere with significant other and grandly proposing ex. a trip to Italy “Roman Holiday” style. It’s sweet and funny without needing to understand Nihongo! I like the way they perfectly insert subscripts, sound effects and small freeze/repeat frames to emphasize or point out funny things captured by the camera.

This now leads me to 5.1a and 5.1b which is…

Tidbit#5.1a
Japanese people are very visual. Diagrams and illustrations are everywhere, especially in documents! Thus, the birth of anime and A3-size paper. They actually have big copier/fax machines which is considered an office standard!

Tidbit#5.1b
Speaking of Roman Holiday, I was quite surprised that Audrey Hepburn is big in Japan. I just love her! Darn if only I have my DVD player, would’ve slapped on Sabrina or Breakfast at Tiffany’s…

Comments (0)